Monday, March 1, 2010

I am super excited about being home with the boys more and some what TERRIFIED!! I work, always have, it is what I do, it is all i know. Since having children, that means my house is a disaster most days. There just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done and I try my best to spend as much time with them as I can each day-which doesn't seem like much at all. THEN the weekend comes. Travis works on Saturdays so I am home alone with these two little people (I LOVE THEM MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW) they absolutely wear me out! Jackson has decided that his sole purpose in life for the time being is to torture Cooper so every 4.5 seconds I am having to either pry Jackson's hands from Coopers face/head/neck/etc. or peal him off of Cooper-He jumps on him like a UFC wrestler. Cooper, who is a mommas boy, screams like a girl until he is safely propped on my hip like a spider monkey, with his right hand clenching my arm and his left hand clenching the neck of my shirt-this is where he would stay at all times if i allowed it. So needless to say nothing much gets done on Saturdays unless the two of them happen to nap at the same time. When this happens I race around the house like a psychotic OCD maid getting as much done in what little time I have and THEN the second they wake up both toy bins and every basket is then dumped into the middle of the living room making it appear as though i have sat on the couch, ignoring the children, letting them run amuck, eating bon bons and watching lifetime movie network all day. Travis gets home a little after 5 and I hide in the bathroom and try not to cry b/c I know that he is thinking "what in the world did she let them do and why did she not stop them." SO in an attempt to fool myself and my husband, I have really big plans and lists and am knowingly setting myself up for major disappointment by thinking that these extra days home will allow me to get more done, be more patient, have more "me time", master potty training, start weaning Cooper from the bottle, finish unpacking, spend more time on my bible study, read some books, etc, the list goes on and on and on. If you see me in the next couple of weeks walking around blissfully unaware of what is about to take place, please let me be, I enjoy it here in la la land, it makes me happy and makes me feel as though i may gain some control of the chaos of my life sooner rather than later. Give me a couple of weeks of being home with them more and then please offer suggestions to help save my sanity!!

No comments: